Ancalagon (First of the Fire Drakes)

Ancalagon (First of the Fire Drakes)
He arose from the inferno pits of Angband like a storm of wind and fire as a last defense of the realm of Dor Daedeloth

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Dragon

This is one of my more recent pieces , it was an idea I had floating around my head for some time. It did take a long time as I do not have a lot of spare time at home and I ran into a lot of issues like trying to bake a sculpture this size all at once. I had to hacksaw the wings off (as I had made a wire armature) and finnish them seperately and re attach at the end. Before this I useually would not attaemt to paint in such detail preffering to use a coat of metalic paint or use someone else to do the painting for me , but I was quite happy with my finished product.





1 comment: